- Abingdon Elementary School: The design phase is nearing completion. The project will be out for bid in March, with construction to begin next summer.
- Ashlawn Elementary School: Work is nearly complete on the Montague Street ramp. The final grounds work will be completed in the spring, when the weather permits.
- Discovery Elementary School: The athletic/play fields will be turned over for use in February. Initial measurements point to the building achieving great energy savings, as planned. Detailed data will be available once the new power meter is connected to the recently activated solar panels.
- McKinley Elementary School: The project is on schedule. Dominion Power devoted extensive resources to activating the new underground electrical service, which was a critical aspect of the project.
- Stratford Middle School: The schematic design phase is about 50% complete. The FAC briefly discussed a potential sequence of construction activities should the project be pushed back to 2020.
- Washington-Lee High School: Phase 1 of the interior reconfiguration is almost finished, with some specialty glass and furniture scheduled to arrive this month. APS is in discussion with the low bidder for Phase 2.
- Wilson Site: APS is working on the schematic design, while continuing to pursue parking options.
Sunday, January 24, 2016
Facilities Update from the FAC Liaison to CCPTA
The following is the Facilities Update for January 2016 from our CCPTA liaison, Don Weinstein: