Welcome to the final week before our kids go back to school! Not that I'm counting...
Attached please find the CCPTA meeting schedule on the CCPTA Meeting Dates and Locations page. As usual, we will meet on the THIRD Monday of the month (EXCEPT FOR January & February 2015). Our first meeting will be on Monday, 15 September 2014, at 7pm in the Ed Center.The CCPTA Board met last week to get our priorities in order. We're coming off a sometimes contentious year, and many of the same issues will carry over into this year. Appreciating that many carry-over issues still need to be settled, this year our CCPTA priorities will be:
- Reflections chair: This is U-R-G-E-N-T. We can have multiple leaders each taking a small piece: planning, on-site set-up, food, printing, etc. Please contact me, if you want to get involved.
- Family & Community Engagement: Please take a moment to read over and comment back to us on the attached policy draft. The proposed policy concerns family & community engagement. All feedback welcome!
- 1-to-1 technology initiative: CCPTA VP Chris Ditta will be working with APS senior staff to help evaluate current initiatives.
- In-school enrichment policy: I will be leading a quick-turn ad hoc committee to coordinate with APS senior staff & PTAs to help shape a policy everyone can live with. I have a few potential participants in mind but please contact me if you're interested.
- Directories: We are working to identify some options for school directories. Please let me know if your PTA has good ideas you'd be willing to share with others.
Other areas, such as transportation and MSMS, are also important and we hope to be able to support PTA/APS initiatives as needed.
We see CCPTA continuing to play an important role in bringing PTAs together and creating community. I and the CCPTA Board hope you will join in with us.
Enjoy the week, the long weekend, and see you on the 15th!